<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 08, 2006

I've got a new job 

Normally I wouldn't blog about getting a new job, but this particular one has attributes which I think make it worthy of bringing this relatively inactive blog back to life. It's not the fact that I'll be using Delphi 2006 in a fulltime capacity. Nor is it the fact that there is an ECO project on the horizon. Sure, they are both very attractive attributes, but the best thing about this job is that I'll be working with a gentleman known on the Delphi newsgroups as "Scout".

Regulars to the borland.public.delphi.non-technical newsgroup will probably have read many of Scouts posts, which often revolve around a common theme. This theme is of the little guy battling the big guys (and winning) by using the power and productivity of Delphi. Below are a few of his posts :-



I am very excited to have the opportunity to work with someone who shares my passion for Delphi, and am relishing the challenges I will face as I enter what is a totally new application domain for me. And after meeting Scout in person, it seems that we share many of the same ideas in regards to application architectures and software development in general. Bring it on!

Comments:
All the best with your new gig DG!
 
Congrats! I wish you and Scout great success against your larger competitors. We are certainly finding our combo of Delphi2006(w32) + Intraweb + NexusDB indispensable in our own fight against much larger competition, such as PeopleSoft :-)
 
Congratulations, Cleggy!

Do I dare to hope to see more blog entries from you?

Cheers,
Chee Wee
 
Thanks for the nice comments, guys.

Chewy, I'll try to be a more prolific blogger. But lets face it, I'm just not that interesting. ;-)
 
I've always been very pleased by the standard of comments on b.p.n-t and have been flattered to find myself quoted by both Chee Wee and Cleggy.

It is fun to be noticed, but it is much more fun to notice an obvious talent and get to hire it.

David, as you know, we have quite a large support team, and all of them are looking forward to having you work with them.

I still can't believe my luck in finding someone to fit so perfectly into our little Delphi shop.

Welcome aboard

Scout
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?