<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 02, 2005

I've fallen head over heels in love 

One of the tasks which has been on my TODO list for quite a while now, was to learn how to leverage the power of Borlands Enterprise Core Objects model driven architecture framework. Well, I've finally bitten the bullet and have started implementing my first personal project using it.

This project will involve an ECO WindowsForms application to enable the user to enter data into a repository, and an ECO web service application to allow other applications to consume and add to this data. I may even throw an ECO ASP.NET application into the mix for good measure.

I've been working on this over the past week in my spare time, and all I can say is 'WOW!'. It is amazing the amount of plumbing code we all take for granted as part of a normal application, which ECO now takes care of for us. I can see this having an astonishing effect on my future application development productivity. I'll be able to concentrate more on the business problem at hand, rather than common implementation details such as retrieving my business objects from my persistence layer.

One of the biggest complaints that ECO seems to get is its lack of documentation. It is a complex framework, with many things to learn to totally leverage its full power. I must say though, with the resources already out there, and thanks to the extremely helpful folks in the Delphi ECO newsgroup, I've not found this to be a barrier yet. Below are a smattering of links I've found especially useful:-




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?