<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 03, 2003

Open Letter to the Delphi Community

Borland have announced that the next version of Delphi (code named Octane) will be concentrating on .NET. I will be following the Borland newsgroups with interest to see the fallout after this one. I am sure there will be mucho heated debate, considering their initial intention was to ship Octane with .NET and Win32 support.

Personally, I'd prefer to see two solid releases rather than a hurried one targetting both platforms. I can also understand Borlands decision to target the .NET framework first, considering they already have a Win32 dev tool.

Curses to them for making the announcement today though, as its hard enough keeping motivated on a Friday. Now I'll never get any work done ;-)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?